Terms & Conditions
We ship to the UK, USA & European Union
FLY TYING MATERIALS, BOOKS, TACKLE & ACCESSORIES
We ship to the UK only
DISPATCH TIME / SAME DAY / SPECIAL DISPATCH
The dispatch time is indicated on each product. For standard items, same day dispatch is available for items ordered before 2pm Mon - Fri. Special dispatch orders are tied to order or ordered from our suppliers warehouse and are not held in stock. An estimate of dispatch time is indicated on all products.
IF YOU ORDER A MIX OF IN STOCK & SPECIAL DISPATCH ITEMS
If your order consists of a mix of "same day" and "special-dispatch" items, we will wait until all of your order is ready. This means that the whole package will normally be shipped in 3-7 working days even if it contains "same day shipping" items.
The exact delivery charges are displayed at the checkout depending on the products ordered. The prices displayed below are for guidance only.
Flies & Other Small Items
Over £19 - Free
Under £19 - £1.99
Books. Accessories, Tying Materials & Other Medium Items
Over £40 - Free
Under £40 - £3.99
Fly Fishing Tackle & Other Large Items
Over £150 - Free
Under £150 - £9.99
All orders received before 2pm Mon-Fri will be shipped same day if product indicates same day dispatch. Excludes banks holidays.
We use Royal Mail and they usually take between 1 and 2 working days to deliver.
USA (flies only):
All orders received before 2pm Mon-Fri will be shipped same day. Free shipping on all orders over £50. Orders under £50 shipping is £6.00
Orders are sent by international mail and they usually take between 5 and 7 days to deliver however this can be longer if the item is checked by customs.
European Union (flies only):
All orders received before 2pm Mon-Fri will be shipped same day. Free shipping on all orders over £50. Orders under £50 shipping is £5.00
Orders are sent by air mail which usually takes around three working days to arrive.
All prices displayed include VAT. You are responsible for paying any local taxes or import duties in your country.
We aim to ship all orders within 1 working day. You will receive notification by email when you order has been shipped.
If you are not completely satisfied with your order, please contact us within 14 days and we will provide a full refund provided that you return the goods to us in the original unused condition. If goods are faulty or damaged then we will pay the return postage. If you return goods for other reasons then you will need to pay the postage costs and return using a signed for delivery service and provide us with the tracking number.
Any questions or queries at any point, just get in touch.
Any questions or queires at any point, just get in touch. You can find the full T & C's below.
1. Definitions and interpretation
1.1. In these Terms, the following definitions are used:
any agreement between the Seller and the Customer for the sale of the Goods;
you (the person who purchases the Goods from the Seller);
an email from the Seller to the Customer acknowledging that the order for the Goods has been accepted in accordance with these Terms;
the Goods that are being sold to the Customer on the Website;
the terms which set out how the Seller will deal with confidential and personal information received from the Customer via the Website;
the person or business who is selling the Goods known as UK Game Angling trading as Peaks Fly Fishing as identified in the clause below (Important Information about the Seller);
Website the Seller's website on which the Goods are advertised.
1.2. In these Terms, unless the context requires a different interpretation: the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices of these Terms;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
including is understood to mean including without limitation;
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
the headings and sub-headings do not form part of these Terms; and
"writing" or "written" in these Terms, will include e-mail unless otherwise stated.
- 2.1. Before placing an order, you will be asked to agree to these Terms. Please click on the button marked "I Accept" at the end of these Terms if you accept them. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Goods from the Website.
- 2.2. These Terms and any Contract between the Seller and the Customer are only in the English language.
3. Use of the Website and personal information
- 3.1. The use of the Website by the Customer is governed by the Terms, which apply to any Contract.
- 3.3. The Seller may contact the Customer in connection with the Contract by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and the Customer expressly agrees to this.
4. Important information about making a purchase
- 4.1. When providing any information to the Seller, the Customer undertakes that all information provided via the Website is accurate, current and complete, and to notify the Seller of any changes which may mean that the information is inaccurate.
- 4.2. The Seller is authorised by the Customer to contact any third party agencies, including credit reference agencies, to verify the accuracy of information provided by the Customer where the Customer has failed to comply with a request for verification of information from the Seller.
4.3. A Customer may only purchase Goods from the Website if they are eligible
to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- 4.4. The Seller accepts responsibility for statements and representations made by its duly authorised agents. It is the Customer's responsibility to check that they have identified and are referring to the correct version of the Terms which is current on the date upon which the order is placed via the Website.
- 4.5. Information and advice about a consumer's statutory rights in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described, is available from a local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
5. How the order is processed
- 5.1. The order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows the Customer to check and amend any errors before submitting the order. It is the Customer's responsibility to check that they have used the ordering process correctly.
- 5.2. After an order has been placed on the Website, the Customer will receive an e-mail acknowledging that the Seller has received the order (Order Confirmation). Once an order is placed, it becomes legally binding on the Customer. Submission of an order does not mean that the Seller has accepted the order for the Goods. If the Seller is unable to supply the Goods, for example because those Goods are not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on the Website, the Seller will inform the Customer of this and will not process the order. If the Customer has already paid for the Goods, the Seller will refund the full amount as soon as possible.
- 5.3. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate correct and to inform the Seller immediately of any errors. The Seller is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the order placed by the Customer.
- 6.1. Timescales for delivery and delivery charges will vary depending on the availability of the Goods and the Customer's address.Estimated delivery timescales are set out on the Website. Whilst the Seller will use all reasonable endeavours to meet any delivery dates, all delivery dates are estimates and approximate only. The Seller cannot guarantee delivery dates and times and time shall not be of the essence for delivery of the Goods. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the Goods arrive prior to 24th December and other important dates.
- 6.2. Delivery will be completed when the Seller delivers the Goods to the address provided when the order was placed. The Goods will become the responsibility of the Customer from the completion of delivery.
- 6.3. The Seller may employ a reputable carrier to deliver the Goods. If the Customer is asked for a signature upon delivery, it is the responsibility of the Customer to examine the Goods before signing.
- 6.4. Occasionally, delivery to the Customer may be affected by circumstances beyond the control of the Seller. See the clause below (Circumstances beyond the control of the Seller) for the Seller's responsibilities when this happens.
- 6.5. The Customer does not own the Goods until the Seller has received payment in full.
- 6.6. The Seller will ship orders to the United Kingdom and the European Union.
7. Price and payment
- 7.1. The price of the Goods will be as set out on the Website at the time that the Customer's order is placed. Prices for Goods may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order that has been accepted by the Seller with an Order Confirmation.
- 7.2. The price of the Goods includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of the Order Confirmation and the date of delivery, the Customer must pay any increase, unless the Customer has already paid for the Goods before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect. The prices of Goods exclude delivery charges, details of which are shown on the Website from time to time under Delivery Charges' and which will be added to the total amount due for the Goods.
- 7.3. Payment for Goods and any delivery charges may be made by All major credit & debit cards and PayPal Payment must occur at the time that the Goods are ordered using the ordering procedure set out on the Website. Credit and debit cards are charged upon placement of the order.
8. The Goods
8.1. All Goods shown on the Website are subject to availability. The Seller will inform the Customer by e-mail as soon as possible if the Goods ordered are not available and will not process the order if already made.
- 9.1. Where Goods provided by the Seller come with a manufacturer's guarantee, the details are set out in the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Goods.
- 9.2. Any guarantee in this clause is in addition to the Customer's statutory rights in relation to the Goods that are faulty or not as described.
10. The Seller's liability
10.1. If the Seller fails to comply with these Terms, the Seller is responsible for loss or damage suffered by the Customer that is a foreseeable result of the Seller's breach of the Terms or the Seller's negligence, but the Seller is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the breach or if the loss was contemplated by the parties at the time the order was accepted by the Seller.
10.1.1. If the Seller installs the Goods in the Customer's property, the Seller will make good any damage to the Customer's home, property, office, accommodation or other facilities caused by the Seller in the course of installation. However, the Seller is not responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to the Customer's property discovered in the course of installation.
10.1.2. The Seller supplies the Goods for domestic and private use. The Customer agrees not to use the Goods for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose, and the Seller has no liability to the Customer for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
10.2. The Seller does not exclude or limit in any way its liability for:
10.2.1. death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the negligence of its
employees, agents or subcontractors;
10.3. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
10.3.1. breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979
(title and quiet possession); or
- 10.3.2. breach of the terms implied by sections 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and defective Goods under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
11. Circumstances beyond the control of the Seller
11.1. The Seller will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing its obligations under these Terms where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond its reasonable control. In these circumstances:
- 11.1.1. the Seller will contact the Customer as soon as reasonably possible to notify the Customer. The Seller's obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of the Seller's obligations will be extended for the duration of the circumstances beyond its control. Where necessary, the Seller will contact the Customer to arrange a new delivery date with the Customer after the circumstances beyond its control are over; and
- 11.1.2. if the Customer no longer wishes to buy the Goods, it may cancel the Contract under clause below (Customer's cancellation rights and returns) .
- 11.1.3. If the circumstances beyond the Seller's control continue for longer than 2 weeks, the Seller will cancel the Contract and refund money paid by the Customer in advance.
12. Customer's cancellation rights and returns
12.1. The Customer may cancel a Contract or order in the following circumstances:
- 12.1.1. if the Customer is unhappy with the Goods for any reason, the Customer may return them to the Seller at the Customer's own cost within 14 calendar days of receipt provided there is proof of purchase. The Seller will refund the Customer the price the Customer paid for the Goods excluding the cost of postage;
- 12.1.2. in the event of circumstances beyond the Seller's control where it no longer wishes to buy the Goods in accordance with clause above (Circumstances beyond the control of the Seller); or
- 12.1.3. in accordance with the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000,during the period of seven working days starting from the day after the date that the Goods are received. Working days means that Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays are not included in this period.
12.2. The Customer cannot cancel the Contract (other than for reasons of product default or mis-description) in the case of:
12.3. newspapers, periodicals or magazines; or
- 12.4. perishable goods, such as food, drink or fresh flowers; or
- 12.5. software, DVDs or CDs which have a security seal which is opened or unsealed.
- 12.6. If the Customer decides not to keep the Goods or to cancel a Contract in the circumstances permitted under this clause then:
- 12.6.1. the Customer must inform the Seller of this writing as set out in the clause below (Important Information about the Seller). The Seller may reply by email or by pre-paid letter to the Customer's address;
- 12.6.2. the Customer must return the Goods in their original packaging to the Seller's address for returns set out on the Seller's website or as set out in clause below (Important information about the Seller), as soon as reasonably practicable and at their own cost;
- 12.6.3. the Seller must use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Goods reach the Seller without being damaged or lost. The Seller may claim compensation from the Customer for returned Goods which have been damaged whilst in the possession of the Customer;
- 12.6.4. the Customer must return the Goods in the same condition as they were sold;
- 12.6.5. the Seller will refund the price paid for the Goods and any applicable delivery charges paid for by the Customer. The Seller will process the refund using the method by which payment was originally made as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 calendar days of the day on which the Customer gave the Seller notice of the cancellation. If payment has been made by debit or credit card, the Seller will refund the debit or credit card used to make the payment.
12.7. In the unlikely event that the Goods are faulty, defective, wrongly delivered or mis-described the Customer must give the Seller notice of cancellation as set out above and:
- 12.7.1. as well as refunding the price paid for the Goods and any applicable delivery charges paid for by the Customer, the Seller will refund the Customer's costs of returning the Goods to the Seller's address for returns;
- 12.7.2. Goods need not be returned in the same condition as sold but the Customer must return the Goods in the best possible condition; and
- 12.7.3. Goods should be returned with the original packaging, if available but will be accepted without the original packaging provided that the Customer has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the Goods reach the Seller without being further damaged or lost.
12.8. The right of cancellation and return of the Goods in this clause do not affect the statutory rights of a consumer in relation to Goods that are faulty or not as described.
13. Important information about the Seller
13.1. The Seller operates the Website http://shop.peaksflyfishing.com. The Seller is a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07300167 and with its registered office at 6 Manchester Road,
Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 6SB.
13.2. The Customer can contact the Seller by telephoning 01143600590 or by e-mailing. For notice in writing (for example cancellation) required by these Terms the notice may be provided by e-mail, by hand, or by pre-paid post to David Johnson at UK Game Angling, 6 Manchester Road, Derbyshire, Buxton, Sk176SB. The Seller will contact the Customer by e-mail, by hand, or by pre-paid post to the address in the Order.
14. How these Terms may be changed
- 14.1. It may be necessary for the Seller to revise these Terms from time to time, including for the purposes of;
- 14.2. changes in how payments are accepted; or
- 14.3. changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements which apply to the Goods.
- 14.4. Every time the Customer places an order via the Website for Goods, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between the Customer and the Seller.
- 14.5. Whenever any changes are made to these Terms in accordance with this clause, the Seller will keep the Customer informed by stating that these Terms have been amended and stating the relevant date of the changes on the Website.
- 15.1. The Contract contains the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter.
- 15.2. The Seller may transfer its rights and obligations under these Terms to another person or organisation, and will always notify the Customer in writing if this happens, but this will not affect the Customer's rights or the Seller's obligation under these Terms.
- 15.3. The Contract is between the Seller and the Customer. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. The Customer has the right to enforce the manufacturer's guarantee.
- 15.4. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 15.5. These Terms will be governed by and interpreted according to English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Goods through the Website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or these Terms will be governed by English law. All disputes arising under them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.